Connect your transceiver to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. Use your laptop to operate phone, CW or digital modes from anywhere in the world!
The following resources are available on-line:
- Functional description of this interface
- Technical specifications
- Examples of operating, either locally or remotely
- Examples of connecting external devices via the RS-485 port
To connect the WTI-1 to your transceiver, you will need a special cable. Fortunately, pre-built cables for many transceivers are available. Moreover, you may construct a cable yourself, using the diagrams published on our website.
Please make sure to update your WTI-1 to the latest firmware and use the latest version of the ShackLink software on your PC.
A number of user’s guides provide step-by-step instructions of how to set up and operate your WTI-1 device. The guides are available in the PDF format at the Downloads section:
- The Quick start guide describes in a short form how to quickly set up your WTI-1 device to start operating.
- The User’s manual contains more detailed instructions and examples of the use.
- The ShackLink software manual describes the ShackLink program deeply, so operating becomes easy even for an inexperienced user.
- The Software setup examples will help you quickly set up your favorite software to operate digital modes via the WTI-1. Many other programs are supported, although not included in this manual.
- Remote operation becomes easy with the Operating via the Internet guide.
Please see a short YouTube video featuring the RigExpert WTI-1:
Please also see a review of the RigExpert WTI-1 in the February 2015 issue of the QST magazine.